This summer I was dreading swim lessons for many reasons. First, it is at least a 20 to 30 minute drive anywhere to get to them. Second, the kids are such wimps and cry for the first few days because they don't like to get their faces wet. And finally, because of this I feel like it is a huge waste of money because they don't learn a thing.
So, this year I had an idea. I bought a 3 foot pool and some goggles from the business and decided I'd get the kids used to the water and then put them in to swim lessons. We were in the pool at least once a day and up to three times because they loved it so much (even though it was not very warm).
It totally worked! Hailey learned how to swim, Conrad was pretty close, and Jack loved going under the water just before we started lessons. By the end (8 lessons) they could all at least swim a bit and I had a clearer conscience because I know our kids need to learn how to swim!



No comments:
Post a Comment