Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend

Easter was a little bit interesting this year. We started out Saturday morning at the Easter Egg Hunt. The paper said they were going to line up and give candy out so when we were running a little late we thought no big deal, we'll just be at the end of the line. We got there at 10:04 and we had missed the hunt. They did the traditional hunt. Bummer!!! At least the Easter Bunny was there and we were able to get a picture with her.

Later that evening we dyed eggs. It was fun and the kids loved dipping and redipping the eggs. They actually turned out pretty cool. (When we peeled them today for deviled eggs they were upset that we were "ruining" their eggs, Conrad especially)

Easter morning is a morning that parents get excited. It wasn't exactly the way we had pictured. We worked with the Easter bunny to get the kids magnet boards with pictures on them. This took quite a LONG time. The kids love pictures. Hailey finds pictures and hides them in her window seal and Conrad is always wanting to hang pictures on his wall. So we thought they would love a place for their special pictures. Boy, were we and the Easter Bunny wrong! Hailey came in our room this morning crying that the Easter Bunny didn't bring her a toy. Conrad was just happy to have candy. (Another one of those hard mommy moments.)

I guess I should have told the Easter Bunny to bring a hula hoop or something too. (I don't know what I was thinking, of course they would want a little something to play with too, duh!) Oh well, you can't change what has already happened I guess. It was a learning experience for Hailey on dealing with disappointment. (We are also going to have to work on being happy with any gift we receive too.)



The day ended up better than it started. We were able to go to my parents and have dinner. It was nice to spend time with family on a special day. Hailey ended up liking her magnet board too.

I just want to add my testimony of the atonement and resurrection of Christ. I am not an expert on the atonement, but I know Christ suffered unimaginably for our sins. He was perfect in every way and yet He was betrayed, tortured, humiliated, and sentenced to death because people feared Him. He suffered more than we could ever bear and had to do it alone for a time as our Father in Heaven had to leave him. He knew when he had finished his mission and ended his life here (keep in mind he could have ended it at any time but suffered through until it was finished.) Three days later he was resurrected and visited those most close to him. Then he visited the people on this Continent and healed taught the people here.

I know he loves us beyond our comprehension. He suffered for us so we can repent of our sins and return to our Father. He knows our pains and carries us through our trials. I have felt Him at times when I have needed his comfort most. I love Him. I am trying to live worthy of His Atonement. I am so grateful for Him and will forever be in his debt. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


10 comments:

Stacy said...

Did you make those signs and magnet boards? They are soooo cute!

Celeste said...

Thanks. Yeah, I've been wanting to try and make one for a LONG time. I finally decided jump in and try them out.

Geisler's said...

Your Magnetic boards are amazing!! What talent you have!!And were those home made corn dogs?? You are amazing!!

Celeste said...

The corn dogs were home made, but they are way easy and taste a thousand times better than store bought ones.

So, it's very worth it and it gives the kids something fun to help with.

Cass said...

I just have to laugh at the reaction to the the Easter gifts. You just never know how it's gonna work out. I think it was a great idea. Thanks for sharing your testimony. It's always good to remember why we celebrate easter.

The Buckley Family said...

Thanks for the nice post. You are an amazing woman and mama. I love the magnet boards and signs -- nice job! I may need a tutorial. I am glad Hailey ended up liking hers. Kids are funny.

David & Audrey said...

Celeste-
Where did you get those cute name boards? I love that.

David & Audrey said...

And I am glad to see that you are still BRAVES fans! If you want to come see a game let us know. You can stay at our house.

Celeste said...

I actually made them. Gini's ward was doing them for their enrichment so I had her order some for me.

Celeste said...

We would love to come. Maybe in a couple of years when we are more settled and don't have to keep puting money into our house :) Thanks for the offer.

.