Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Many Bugs at Our House


Everyone except Conrad came back from Vagas with a cold.  Brayden then ended up with an ear infection, Jackson broke out in hives and I ended up with a sinus infection.  So, three Dr. visits in a week for that. 


Then a couple of weeks later Hailey started acting really crazy, very emotional and tired.  A few days later she had a high fever but then it went down to a low grade in the morning.  This happened for about 5 days so I took her to the doc on Tuesday.  The doctor assumed it was mono or something and sent me home to let the virus run it’s course.  But, by Friday she was worse and needing more and more naps so I called the Doctor again and they had me bring her back in and they tested her for a UTI and a quick test for mono.  Both were negative so they sent her for a chest x-ray to see if she had pneumonia.  I thought it was such a waste, but I took her anyway.  Five minutes after we left the doctor called and told me she had silent pneumonia, silent because they can’t hear anything in the lungs when they listen for it.  It can only be seen on an x-ray.  Crazy!  That took about three days for her to get her energy back and start feeling better.  And awhile after to really get back to her normal self.

Most of February and March Conrad had been suffering with terrible allergies which I took him to the Doctor twice for.  But, nothing seemed to help.  About a week after Hailey started feeling better, he had an asthma attack and we were back at the doctor.  Poor kid.  He was miserable.  I didn’t realize how bad they feel when that happens.  He took about two days to recover.  He was on nebulizer treatments for two days and a steroid for five.  He now has an inhaler for future problems.  

Having all that really makes you appreciate when everyone is healthy and feeling well.  Although I know this doesn't compare to others with sick children. 

No comments:

.