Saturday, September 19, 2015

Lanakai Beach

Lanakai Beach
Between school and me not feeling comfortable taking the kids to the beach alone (most of the nearby beaches are not Caleb and Brayden friendly), Hurricanes, Blue Bubbles (tiny jellyfish that come out after a full moon), HEAVY rain that makes the water brown and advised not to swim in, and now tsunami's, makes going to the beach a harder than I ever thought it would be.  But, when we go we have a great time.  I don't usually take pictures because I worry the camera will get ruined or stolen.  But, today Bo brought his phone so I took a few pictures.

We went to Lanakai Beach.  It was an awesome beach with great sand.  But, the water was really choppy.  We figured the water would be better since the tsunami advisory ended two days ago.  Oh well, we still had a really fun time. We brought a surfboard, some buggy boards, and snorkeled too. Snorkeling was kinda hard in the choppy water so we spent more time on the boards.  

Caleb hung out the whole time on a buggy board with either Bo or I. He hated being in the wild water.  But, the choppy water made for some fun times on the boards.  Jack was the champion surfer.  He's never tried until today.  I posted a link to the short video below.  If you look in the background, you can see how choppy it is with Brayden behind him.  Here are the highlights from a great day!  

https://youtu.be/uOdyBOWrvkc

Check out those skills!
Hailey riding in
Conrad showing his moves
Caleb loving the Buggy Board (Don't mind my finger in the picture, oops)
This boat sailed off near us.  I just took a pic because it looked cool

1 comment:

Tim said...

Can't wait to see this in person!

.