Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Our Old Tree into New

With last years tree being made out of felt and felt ornaments I decided to make an advent calendar out of the felt tree in remembrance of our quirky Christmas in Hawaii last year.  And yes I packed up the felt tree and it came back with us.

I started making ornaments in October.  It's a good thing I did because they took me up until November 30th and I stitched the tree on December first.  It's so nice to have done and it was fun making them even though I'm not a sewer.  :)

Here are some pics.  I tried to make each ornament about Christ.  I put them each in a small white bag with a short message about each symbol.

I won't admit how long each one took but now that they are done, it was totally worth it. :)

These are my two favorites.

Six days in!  Next year I'll add a star and find some better packages to wrap them in.

1 comment:

.