Wednesday, February 1, 2017

So it Begins...

Yesterday Hailey was the first of the five kids to get a mouth full of metal.  I have a feeling that I'll be taking kids to the orthodontist from here on out for the next 10+ years.  :)

The first day of braces have made Hailey's mouth sore but she said it's starting to get better tonight.  I don't envy her.  I still remember my mouth being really tender.  But, we got her a cool blue tooth toothbrush and she's really excited to use it.  I'm excited for it because I can keep track of her brushing.  I'm think she'll be good at least for awhile because they showed her some pretty gross pictures of teeth from someone who didn't brush while they had their braces.  Last night I reminded her that it's really important to brush and she said, "Mom, I saw those pictures.  I'm going to brush."

I think she looks pretty cute and so far I think she is having fun with a change.
Here is a before picture.  Those teeth that look like I-teeth are her first molars.  We're hoping the braces will make enough space for the I-teeth to come down without pulling any teeth.  



1 comment:

meacham said...

Oh the things they can do with teeth these days

.