Saturday, January 2, 2021

Gratitude Journal: Final Day 42


The end of 2020 is here, and what a long way we’ve all come. I read a post that said 2020 was a good teacher. Boy, was it ever. When I look back, the major highlights are: sickness, rioting, views polarizing, and respect for others becoming nonexistent.

But that’s what the world wants us to believe. As I’ve tried to follow our prophet and the savior's teachings, things have been different for me.

I’m stronger. When I seek light, goodness, and truth, I've learned that I feel joy and peace. I learned better how to seek the Lord and try to hear him through all the noise. I constantly realize I can’t do this alone, nor do I want to. It’s much easier with Him. He’s around much more than I’ve ever understood.

The best part! The world tells us everything is falling apart, but I know many have had a year like me. Many are digging deeper, seeking more the light, and we’re all finding it. Our strength together will be enough when we follow Him. John 8:12 ...I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. Through these trials, we’ve all endured this year, plus our individual ones, He’s inviting us all to see. We can all have “the light of life.” 

The way we react and move forward determines who we are and where we end up. I choose joy and peace, and I’m determined to do whatever it takes to have that. 

As we come together and choose to follow Him, we’ll be strengthened as a whole. We can overcome whatever is placed in our path. I #givethanks for leaders who teach this and the Lord, who guides them. This is why the gospel is so important. It builds us up when everything else is tearing us down.

No comments:

.