Saturday, August 1, 2026

Christensen Family reunion 2026


July 8-10, we had a family reunion in Lava Hot Springs. It was a lot of fun to get everyone together. We swam at Lava Hot Springs, floated the Portneuf River, had Hailey's baby shower, and went to Chesterfield Ghost Town.  

I didn't take many pictures, but I got some good ones of Caleb and Ross jumping off the platforms at Lava. The water was a perfect temperature, and we all had fun getting in the pool. Even Grandma Christensen got in. I don't think I've ever seen her in the pool. :) It was way too hot not to get in though. 



Floating the river wasn't as fun as it has been in the past.  The water was really low and made it really rough. Caleb's tube went flat the first time down; mine barely made it with me, and Bryce, Amie, and my mom had a really rough go of it because their tube wasn't inflated all the way. Amie really hurt her tailbone. But everyone else, especially the kids, loved it and went down quite a few times. A kind woman saw Caleb's tube was flat and said they were done and asked if we wanted to borrow the tube and then turn it in when we were done. That tube made it a lot more fun. Thank you, to the angel who loaned us that tube!

Chesterfield Ghost Town is just a cool place to go see. They have a little store you can buy treats at and a bunch of restored buildings to walk through. It's always good to take some time and remember those who came before us. They made this desert land we live in inhabitable. I can't imagine all the work that went into that. Also, those who brought the gospel too. I don't want to think about living a life without the gospel.

All in all, I'd say it was a wonderful reunion in a great spot, gathered in a wonderful cabin. It fit everyone well, and great times were had. Thank you, Mom, for finding and paying for the wonderful spot.

(I'll do a seperate post for Hailey's baby shower.)


No comments:

.